The Product Reference Type is the type of numeric or alphanumeric code used to identify your items.
The Product Reference Type is linked to the Product Reference Value - learn more here.
The Product Reference Type is the type of value used to identify the product.
- John sell's a particular type of widget.
- Widget Product Reference Type: EAN
- Widget Product Reference Value: 123456789
Submitting your barcode type and a corresponding numeric value is mandatory for all branded products.
It can be one of four options:
- EAN (European Article Number)
- UPC (Universal Product Code)
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
- *MPN (Manufacture Product Number)
- *SKU (Your unique internal SKU)
If your product/s do not have a barcode, or are white label (unbranded) product/s, then the below can be used after seeking prior consent from the marketplace team:
- MPN (Manufacturers product number)
- SKU (Your internal SKU)
- For .XLSX the Product Reference Type needs to be uppercase
- For .CSV the Product Reference Type needs to be lowercase