Product Reference Value is the unique identifier of the product.
The Product Reference Value is linked to the Product Reference Type - learn more here.
The Product Reference Value is the actual numeric value used to identify the product.
- John sell's a particular type of widget.
- Widget Product Reference Type: EAN
- Widget Product Reference Value: 123456789
Catch predominantly accept only global identifier values, as listed in green below. Prior approval must be received to submit any alternate value to Catch (before sending).
This attribute accepts either a numeric or alphanumeric string based on the type of reference value.
- EAN (European Article Number) - we accept digits only, 8,12 11,13 or 14 digits with a valid check digit. (note: you can validate EANs and UPC identifiers online)
- UPC (Universal Product Code) - as above.
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number) - we require a valid 10 or 13 digit number. (our system strips dashes when validating).
- *MPN (Manufacture Product Number) - an alphanumeric string with a maximum of 255 characters. (Ex ESN000989)
- *SKU (Your unique internal SKU) - an alphanumeric string with a maximum of 255 characters. (Ex ESN000989)
If your product/s do not have a barcode, or are white label (unbranded) product/s, then the above types highlighted in red can be used only after seeking prior consent from the marketplace team:
- MPN (Manufacturers product number)
- SKU (Your internal SKU)
- For .XLSX the Product Reference Type needs to be uppercase
- For .CSV the Product Reference Type needs to be lowercase
For all the products that are globally branded you must use a registered and valid barcode.
Catch does not allow uploading of branded products without UPC or EAN values.