What's a product attribute?
Attributes are characteristics or properties of a product, anything that describes the product to the consumer. Attributes include size, color, functionality, components and features.
This data you provide to us, can be used in a multitude of ways by our team, most importantly in creating the product (this is why some attributes are mandatory) or in the search bar/product filters to ensure your product is easily found on Catch.
Product attributes can be split into two types:
- Mandatory attributes - these are the minimum fields required to submit a product to Catch. Either by spreadsheet or a direct feed.
- Example: the field 'image-1'. We must have an image to create your product.
- Optional attributes - these are extra fields of data that Catch requests when you create a product. These fields of data are used by Catch mainly in search and navigational filters and are specific to their category.
- Example: the field 'Dress & Skirt Length'. It is not a mandatory requirement for Catch to have this data to create your product, but as this information is used for search filters you risk your products being filtered out if a customer chooses to search on Catch using this method. This attribute data is only collected for 'Apparel' categories.
When submitting your product data to Catch, you need to ensure that you have all the mandatory attributes for your products - otherwise your file will be rejected.
The below fields are mandatory:
- Category: Please allocate a specific bottom level category for your products from the category tree.
- Product Internal SKU: Please specify a SKU value for your product
- Product Title: Please specify the title of your productxxxx
- Product Reference Type: Please specify your barcode reference type either UPC, EAN or MPN
- Product Reference Value: Please specify the value of your reference type, could be a barcode or MPN value
- Product Image URL: Please provide an image link for your product's image.
- Product Description: Please specify a good description for your products
- Brand: Please specify the brand of your product. (Shop Names are not allowed)
- Colour: The primary colour of your product, this value is used for search only.
- Condition: The condition of your product. This can be one of the following.
- New (code: 11)
- Refurbished - Grade A (code: 13) upon seeking prior consent from your Marketplace contact.
- Refurbished - Grade B (code: 14) upon seeking prior consent from your Marketplace contact. (This field should match the state field in your offer feed
- Variant ID/Variant ID/Variant Colour Value: This information is only mandatory if you sell into Apparel and Footwear categories.
- Product Quantity Multiplier: to be used when the offer is a bundle/bulk listing. e.g. you are offering a quantity of '3' rather than the default '1'. (This field should match the quantity multiplier field in your offer feed)
- Keywords: From an SEO perspective, please create keywords for your products.
- Variant ID/Variant Size Value/Variant Colour Value: this information is only mandatory on Catch if you sell into an 'Apparel' or 'Footwear' category on Catch - click here to learn more
- Compliance Rating: this information is only mandatory on Catch if you sell into 'Sunglasses', 'Children's Sleepwear' category on Catch - click here to learn more
To understand more about the Catch Optional Attributes read - SEO Best Practices For Product Visibility.