The most common method used for importing products and offers is via a manual template.
This article is to explain how to upload a completed template into your shop back office.
- You can learn how to download a product template here.
- You can learn how to fill in a product template here.
Once the above two steps are completed, you'll be ready to import your product template.
- Login to your shop.
- Access My Inventory > Import From File
- Click 'Select a file' and choose the most updated file with your products.
- Choose 'Products' from the drop-down for File content.
- Leave the Import Mode as normal.
- Even if you are updating or replacing product data, always import as Normal.
- 'Replacement' mode will replace all of your shop's data with that of the contents of the file - DO NOT DO THIS without reaching out to our support team.
- Click on the Import button.
If you have new products within your file, these will be processed, if you have made changes to existing products then these will be updated - provided no errors are received.
If you uploaded your products and offers together within one file, your offers will sit in a 'pending' state and become assigned to their product once approval is completed by Catch (provided produce approval occurs within 5 days).
If you uploaded your products without offers, you should now upload your offers so they become assigned to the newly created products. Once completed, your product will be live on Catch!
Tip: Only upon initial product creation do products require approval. Product updates and offer uploading do not require approval.