Customer service is of utmost importance to the success of your account on Catch Marketplace as we know customers are the backbone for the business.
After placing an order, a customer may contact you for questions related to their order.
To read and respond to a customer message, please review the below.
To view a message from the detailed view of an order:
- In the back office of your shop access the menu bar, select the My Messages menu.
- Click on a discussion thread to view its messages.
Messages of the same topic, are organised into threads. Discussion threads allow your team to quickly review the history of a conversation after each customer response is received.
A discussion thread always has the following information:
- A topic: subject of the original message
- Date and time of the last message sent
- Participants in the thread
- A Mark as unread button to mark the thread as unread if required.
- Individual messages of the thread with:
- the name of the sender
- the date and time the message was sent
- possible attachments
- A section to write a new response within the thread.
Should you need to contact a customer, please follow the below steps.
- Log into your shop dashboard.
- On the top menu bar, select 'My Orders'
- Click on the order number.
- On the sub-menu bar, select 'Messages'.
- Select 'Customer' as the 'Recipient'
- Select a subject, or create a custom subject, and include the message to the customer
Common reasons for contacting a customer:
- The customer is missing some delivery details
- There is an unavoidable delay in dispatch
- You have to cancel the order
- You need to confirm a delivery requirement
Note: it is an expectation that all communications to Catch customers are of a professional and courteous manner. This includes no links to external websites or requests of contact information other than that provided by Catch.
Filter your messages:
You can use the search bar and available filters to find and display more specific messages. For example:
- in the search bar you can search for messages using:
- reference numbers (e.g. offer ID and order ID numbers)
- the subject of discussion threads
- you can use the available filters to display discussion threads by:
- Customer (name of the customer who is the sender or recipient of the message)
- the date on which the last message in the thread was sent
- the type of entity (order) on which the message is based
- As pre-sale customer service is handled by Catch, sellers will not receive 'offer' related messages.
A blue dot is used to indicate new messages. This dot is located on the Messages tab of the corresponding order details page.