Products listed on Catch must comply with the Image & Content Guide as well as the Marketplace Participation Agreement. Content must be clear, must accurately describe what you are selling, be accompanied by appropriate images and descriptions that you have permission to use, and must not be false or misleading in any way.
To comply with this policy you must take certain steps that include but are not limited to:
- Providing accurate details, descriptions and images relating to the product. For example, size, colours and materials, and anything else a customer needs to make an informed choice.
- Meeting the required format, sizes and professional display standards as advised by Catch for product images.
- Complying with all applicable laws, product safety requirements and mandatory standards. If for any reason we feel your product may not comply, it will be flagged and removed.
- Categorising products correctly in the single, most relevant product category.
- Not uploading any web links, email addresses, URLs, or redirects for any third-party websites or online shopping platforms (including your own website). To protect our customers, their personal information, their online security and their shopping experience, you must only communicate with them through our platform.
- Not uploading false, offensive, misleading or defamatory content. This could be anything from the price or discounts displayed for your goods to representations you make about the quality, grade, composition or use of the goods. We recommend all sellers view the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s (“ACCC”) Guide to Advertising and Selling, available at accc.gov.au.
- Not uploading listings that do not offer a physical item. Our marketplace is a store for goods - not services. We do not allow Sellers to offer services to our customers.
- Adding popular keywords in your listings that do not have any relation to your products, or otherwise irrelevant content to artificially alter search results. This creates a poor customer experience by showing products irrelevant to their search.
- Not uploading duplicate listings of an identical item. Each product can only have one listing.
- Providing accurate dispatch and shipping times. Failure to meet customer’s expectations you set in relation to the dispatch and shipping of their goods can result in complaints, and ultimately refunds, despite you having shipped the goods. It is important you keep customers informed.
Sellers must also maintain the following standards in their Seller Profile Page on Catch.com.au:
- Provide a fair and reasonable refund policy that complies with Australian law and our Customer Care Policy. You should clearly understand what consumers’ rights are in relation to faulty or defective goods that fail to meet the ‘Consumer Guarantees’. We recommend that you refer to the ACCC’s website for guidance.
- A Seller must not provide information regarding the physical location of their stores, offices or warehouse. While you can provide an address when communicating with a customer to make a return, we do not allow you to list your address on your profile page. This is to protect the integrity of our platform and ensure customers receive a ‘Catch’ experience.
- A Seller must not provide email addresses or contact information of their employees, stores, offices or warehouse. This is to ensure all communication occurs through our platform for customer safety and security.