We've introduced more flexible shipment options, with the ability to create multiple consignments within a singular Catch order.
This allows our sellers the option to:
- Fulfill Catch orders from multiple warehouse locations and/or store locations.
- Fulfill Catch orders in stages, dispatching immediately available items first and subsequent line items later.
There are three ways to complete these actions:
- Directly within your Catch shop - review a video example here
- Using the .CSV file upload to create shipments in bulk (example file attached) - learn more here.
- From API calls, to automate the shipment workflow - access API documentation (in your shop) here.
Even though shipments can be shipped separately , it does not impact your general Catch order workflow. If at least one shipment still has the "Shipping in Progress" status, then the order status will remain "Shipping in Progress" and not be completed. (Completed = 'Shipped').
- Shipment 1 with status "Shipped"
- Shipment 2 with status "Shipped"
- Shipment 3 with status "Shipping in Progress"
The order has the "Shipping in Progress" status. When shipment 3 is confirmed and updated to the status "Shipped", the entire order moves to the "Shipped" status and is considered complete.
Customers will receive an automatic email notification either as each line item, or/and when the entire order has the tracking updated and is marked as 'Shipped'.
Sellers will have the options to download 'Delivery Slips' for each consignment created.