Ensure your product listings are accurate and compliant
Compliant products refer to the way you comply with Australian laws and regulations in regards to specific products that you sell. Accurate product listings refer to the way you represent your products on the Catch Marketplace.
Compliant Product Listings
All goods sold by you must be safe and comply with all applicable laws, product safety requirements and mandatory standards. To learn more, please check the Catch Compliance guide here.
Accurate Product Listings
The key aspects for accurate product listings are the Product Title, Images, and Descriptions. Please ensure they are accurate and well portrayed.
- The Title is the descriptive name of your product. It may contain Brand, Model, Manufacturer, Model Number, Product Name and other features. Use clear and correct English. Describe condition if refurbished or pre-loved. Use HTML formatting. Learn more here.
- Your first Image should be a clean product photo with a white background. Additional images may show the product in-situ or in a lifestyle shot. Customers love to see the product they are buying from multiple angles so please provide as many photos as possible. Always use high-quality images. Don’t put watermarks, logos, badges, or stamps on your imagery. Learn more here.
- Descriptions play a crucial role in informing your customers about your product. Put in the extra effort to describe the product and you’ll increase your sales. Learn more here.
- It is extremely important that your product image and description match the actual product. This will reduce the rate of refunds and returns and save you significant time and money. If products are reported as not being true to the Image and description listed on-site, they may be removed by Catch.
- Please check the Image & Content Guide here.
Keep your inventory levels updated
There’s nothing more disappointing than placing an order for a product that is no longer in stock, and it’s something we work hard to prevent happening on Catch.
- Please ensure you maintain accurate inventory levels to avoid over-selling.
- It is especially important to include stock buffers as you approach seasonal holidays when shipments slow down and sales may accelerate.
- Please note that pre-sales are not permitted on the Catch Marketplace.
- All stock must be held by you in your warehouse - we do not accept sellers drop-shipping products from a 3rd party.
- To learn more about how to update your quantity, see this article.
Pack your orders professionally to prevent damage in transit
Ensuring your products arrive in perfect condition at your customer’s doorstep is paramount to creating a bigger customer smile as they unwrap their exciting new goods. It’s also critical to meeting your Seller performance obligations with Catch.
When selecting packaging, make sure you use professional, new packaging materials and consider the following tips:
- Choose the correct sized box or container for your orders
- Use a single address label that is clear and complete with all delivery and return information
- Where there are multiple items, please wrap all items separately
- Use adequate packaging material to ensure the items are tightly packed and secure in transit
- Use strong tape designed for shipping, and ensure any consumable lids are taped over to prevent spilling in transit
- If you are reusing boxes from previous shipments, be sure to remove any previous shipping labels or barcodes to avoid confusion by the courier and please make sure the boxes appear clean and well presented so as not to dampen the customer’s perception of the product inside
Where an item is not packed properly, it may arrive damaged, which can result in a request for a refund or exchange by the customer. Please do not include additional marketing materials in your shipments to customers - this includes coupons, discounts or any links to URLs outside of catch.com.au.
Catch does not accept sellers using FBA services for Catch orders. Sellers should not use Amazon or eBay packaging materials for Catch orders.
Ship orders fast and provide tracking details
Shipping speed is one of the most important factors of delivering exceptional online customer experience. On Catch, shipping an order fast is critical to boosting your Seller Score and winning more customers. Here’s what you need to do:
- Accept and dispatch orders within 2 business days
- Clearly provide your dispatch time for each product you list and ensure your actual dispatch time matches this.
- Provide tracking information to reduce customer service inquiries (Learn how to bulk upload tracking here)
- Remember: Domestic orders should be delivered within 4 to 7 business days, and International orders within 7-10 business days.
Failing to do any of these will lead to a poor customer experience which will negatively impact your Seller Score and your sales on Catch.
Unless otherwise specified, all orders received in your Marketplace account must be accepted and dispatched within 2 business days.
Monitor and respond to any customer messages quickly, managing their expectations
In the digital economy, customers expect real-time responses. Please ensure you have sufficient resources dedicated to monitoring any messages from your Catch account, and that you are responding to them fast. Our updated Participation Agreement now requires all Marketplace Sellers to respond to messages from a customer within one business day. All communication with your customer must be via the message system in your marketplace account. When dealing with customers, please:
- Be sure to manage the customer’s expectation about when things will occur, and follow-through. For example, if you offer a refund, let them know when the refund will occur.
- Always use a professional, polite tone with a customer even if they are upset and angry - remaining professional will help reach a resolution faster.
Catch monitors message response times and failure to respond within one business day will be deemed a breach of our Participation Agreement and may lead to suspension or termination of your Catch account.
Keep a simple, clear and easy to understand returns policy
You are required to detail your returns policy on your Catch shop and comply with these policies when a customer requests a return, refund or exchange.
Your policy should cover all of the following key points:
- Return Shipping Cost/Restocking fee
- Change of mind policy
- Product warranty
- Non-returnable items
- International buyers
- Return method
- Please address your return package to
When processing returns, always:
- Ensure your returns policy is simple, clear and easy to understand
- Respond to requests from customers very quickly and if a return, refund or exchange is required, process it fast.
To find out where to create and edit your returns policy, read this article.
Offering a refund/partial refund or replacement/exchange can be the quickest and most effective ways of resolving an issue with a customer. Be sure to manage the customer’s expectation about processing times so they can rest assured their issue is being resolved. Please refer to the Customer Service Policy for the accepted resolutions and ACL requirements.
Resolve incidents fairly according to Australian Consumer Laws
Incidents can be one or more of the following events:
- Product is Faulty
- Product is Damaged
- Incorrect item was shipped
- Change of mind by the customer
- Order not received by the customer
- Customer is missing part of the order
A customer can lodge an incident via the Catch account direct to you. You have a chance to resolve it before Catch Dispute Resolution Specialists may step in. Here’s what you need to know:
- If you receive an incident, it is important that you reply to the customer within 1 business day.
- Please be as clear as possible in your first reply with all the information required to resolve the issue quickly. If you require additional information, such as images, please request this from the customer. You must resolve the complaint within 5 business days.
- Resolving the incident means that you have informed the customer what the outcome of the incident will be.
- Example: You have informed the customer that the item will be refunded once you have received it back and you have provided the customer with the return details.
- You must resolve all incidents according to Australian Consumer Law and your returns policy.
- If you need to investigate an issue further, please always inform the customer that you have received their message and that you are working to resolve the issue. Maintaining communication will result in fewer escalations from the customer.
- Where a problem with a product is major, the customer is entitled to choose between a repair, replacement or refund. You cannot refuse a customer’s request for a remedy in these circumstances unless the goods cannot be repaired, or a like-for-like replacement is unavailable. In such circumstances, you must provide a refund in full for the product in accordance with the customer’s rights.
- For faulty goods, the refund to the customer must include product and shipping amounts.
- For minor cosmetic defects, you may offer the customer the option of a partial refund to keep the item. We will accept one offer to the customer of this kind- if they do not accept this offer, you must provide an alternative remedy.
Proactively assist to resolve Disputes
You must provide the resolution to any dispute raised against you within 5 days. If the incident has not been resolved within 5 days of initial contact by the customer, or if you find that there is a dispute between yourself and the customer that you are unable to resolve, please contact email@example.com immediately and the Catch Dispute Resolution team will step in to assist you.
Likewise a customer may also escalate the matter to the Catch Dispute Resolution team via their Catch account at any time.
Where a matter has been lodged with Catch’s dedicated Dispute Resolution Specialists, they will assist to mediate the dispute between you and the customer according to what is fair and reasonable taking into account Australian Consumer Laws.
- If a dispute is lodged against you, you will be notified via email.
- You must, within 1 Business Day of the above notification, lodge a response to the dispute. If you fail to provide your response to the dispute, we may determine the dispute based on the customer’s claim alone
- If we receive your response, we will make a decision based on our policies and procedures. Once a decision is made, we will inform both parties of the outcome.
- You are required to work proactively with Catch Dispute Resolutions Team to resolve the issue, including responding to all requests for information promptly to assist Catch to make a determination.
- If we determine the customer is not at fault and the Dispute in the customers favour, we will refund the customer on your account or provide the customer with such other remedy as may be required in accordance with their consumer rights.
- Each Dispute recorded in the customer’s favour goes against your Dispute Rate. If your Dispute Rate exceeds 3% you will fail to meet our minimum standards, and we may terminate or suspend your Seller account in accordance with our Participation Agreement.
Some important tips to help speed up dispute resolutions:
- Catch Dispute Resolutions Specialists will make their determination based on facts and evidence - the more facts and evidence you can provide to support your case the better the chance of a favourable resolution;
- If you’ve had communication with the customer outside of your Catch shop, please be sure to send copies of that communication to Catch.
You can learn more about how Disputes are managed by Catch here.
Learn how your Seller Score is calculated and continually monitor, maintain & improve it.
You Catch Seller Score helps customers buy with confidence from highly rated Sellers. The Seller Score is calculated based on the number of stars that customers rate Sellers on five key areas:
- Item as described
- Postage time
- Postage and handling charges
- Overall experience
The result is multiplied by an algorithm which takes into account factors such as:
- The popularity of the Seller on the Catch site;
- Sell volume; and
- Customer service performance
This results in a percentage score which is then used to classify Sellers based as:
Sellers who have a Seller Score below 93% will not receive a badge. You can learn more about Seller Ratings and Reviews here.
If you’re going on holidays, pause your shop
Going on holidays? Don’t forget to pause your shop while you’re away. All the details are in this article.